- Job Title HSE MAnager
The HSE Manager is accountable for building a superior safety culture at all levels of the organisation, by crafting and implementing short and longer term strategies. They are looking for someone with the following skills;
• Monitoring driver qualification files and the hiring and selection process.
● Proactively reduce risks for the company on the road and in customer homes.
● Identify what risks are associated with the region from a security and safety standpoint
and develop proactive ways to reduce risk in those regions (Crime , Road Conditions, load
handling, etc. Ensuring the company’s drug / alcohol program is compliant and enforced. Assure that the
● Gatekeeper for accident/incident preventable decisions based on the performance
indicators received from telematics and in field ride alongs.
● Evaluate KPI data including telematics, roadside inspection data, and other data points to
provide insight on driver incident management and prevention
● Analyze accident or incident information, identify trends and key problem areas, and
communicate to the appropriate leadership and management team.
● Assure in vehicle driver training is completed with every active driver.
● Conduct an overall Road Safety compliance course 2 times per year with the operations
managers. Support in modifying and creating SOPs for driver teams.
● Conduct compliance audits at company sites on a monthly basis.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Transportation/Supply Chain
● Relevant Safety qualifications
● 5-8 years experience in Safety Management and/or Transportation
Knowledge and Know-how specific to the job
● Knowledge knowledge of Analytical Tools (Tracker, Telematic solutions )
● Knowledge of government safety laws, particularly road regulations and OSHA standards.
● Knowledge of National Road Transport Regulations of South Africa
● Knowledge of Dangerous Goods Regulations
● Knowledge of a nalysis and identification of risk trends, problems and solutions
● Knowledge of applied meaningful operations and safety performance metrics.
● Knowledge of risk assessment and root cause methodologies
● Knowledge of mandatory regulatory requirements, codes and standards governing the
healthcare industry as well as general industrial operations including OHS&E
● Ability to lead and influence in a matrix organization
● Ability to plan and execute events, safety meetings, accident review meetings, and safety
● Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies for stakeholders and
managers to gain understanding and consensus.
If you meet the requirements and want to join a multinational company, please send your CV to Vicki at