- Job Title Market Access Manager- Pharmaceutical
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all activities and deliverables to obtain and maintain Market Access, Reimbursement, and strategic optimal pricing for Company’s products. He/She will need to work with the cross-functional team to develop access strategies that are in line with the overall brand strategy, and implement key activities targeted at external payer customers and influencers within South Africa and Southern African Region.
• Maintain expertise in local access legislation and payer landscape
• Generates customer insights and is able to analyse and utilise customer insights for customer segmentation and payer value driver identification.
• Supports the development and implementation of Market Access plans for individual products inclusive of credible value arguments and propositions based on customer archetypes
• Engages with external stakeholders and is responsible for coordinating activities
• Supports payer research activities to understand stakeholder requirements, for selected products/therapies, and health technology/assessment hurdles in local markets, where appropriate
• Maintains and tracks key performance indicators to measure the impact of market access activities
• Establishes strong, cooperative working relationships across functions
• Leads development of strategic pricing recommendations and contracting strategy across Company’s portfolio, advising Company businesses on pricing strategies that support commercial objectives and operating plans.
• Supports business in understanding and managing external price execution across the full Company portfolio, in the private, public and export markets (Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho and Swaziland).
• Leads the development and implementation of Market Access plans for individual products
• Leads development of Product-specific local Payer Value Propositions
• Leads the development and execution of product Pricing, Access and Reimbursement strategies
• Coordinates cross functional team’s effort in the development and delivery of dossier submissions
• Submission of price requests/ changes to local authorities, as applicable, and in compliance with local legislation
• Development of robust prices for the Company portfolio which are coherent across the various customers.
• Maintainence of accurate pricing information in applicable systems and as per applicable processes and SOPs.
• Commercial (sales and marketing)
• Corporate Affairs
• Patient and Health Impact External:
• Payers (MHCOs, PBMs, Medical aids, etc.)
• Department of Health
• Medical Practitioners, KOLs and professional organizations (as required)
• Not applicable
Indicate the typical number of colleagues managed. Include direct and indirect reports, matrix responsibility and or additional resources (i.e. contingent workers), as applicable.
• Not applicable
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BPharm /MBBCh /BSc or and equivalent Health Sciences qualification; and
• A demonstrated track record of at least 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a healthcare payer
• A demonstrated track record of translating commercial strategy into a detailed implementation plan
• Experience in
▪ Pricing analyses and strategy
▪ Financial modelling
▪ Evaluation of clinical and economic literature
▪ Preparation of value dossiers
• Excellent MS Excel skills
• Good business acumen
• Knowledge of the local healthcare system and its major players and decision-makers
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Indicate the technical skills required and/or preferred, as applicable.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organization, prioritisation and project management skills
• Payer and country access expertise
• Pricing, value and access strategy development and execution
• Scenario planning in support of pricing and access negotiations
• Knowledge of finance in support of pricing strategies
• Working knowledge of health economics and health technology assessments
Key Leadership competencies:
• Decisive- manages complexity to make timely, informed decisions
• Focused- develops impactful short- and long-term solutions for payer customers to support better patient access and outcomes
• Connected- collaborates with others to accomplish shared goals
• Inspiring- motivates and develops self and other to move the business forward
• Courageous- consistently demonstrates accountability in the face of challenges
• Resilient- responds to change with agility and optimism and innovation
• Accountable- Sets high personal standards and can be relied upon to deliver projects on time; within budget and to quality
• Commits to “One Company”- Has the ability to see the “big picture” and can work across functions in the best interest of the business. Strategic and organizational agility
Only equity candidates will be considered.
Send your CV to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not receive any correspondence within two weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.