- Job Title Country Head South Africa - Pharmaceutical
Has ultimate accountability for full P&L and for developing and implementing the local strategy and tactics of the affiliate. Defines agenda for, builds and leads the local teams including marketing & sales, finance, medical, regulatory affairs, and other support functions. Responsible for delivering sales, market-share, growth and profit objectives, strengthening the company culture and enhancing the Company’s external reputation while supporting global/regional organizational objectives. Responsible for identifying key stakeholders/customers and establishing relationships to expand patient access for the Company products, by optimally using available resources. Builds a strong talent pipeline and high performing organization, based on the Company culture and values.
• Lead, manage and develop the overall performance of the country organization, collaborating with global and regional leaders to set strategy for current and future product portfolio, delivering sales and profits within agreed budgets, and providing effective leadership of its business units, functional groups, and support teams
• Communicate clear business vision and strategy (based on global vision/strategy) and ensure that these are reflected in a focused, lean, and responsive organization
• Provide a strong and consistent voice in global and regional the Company forums, of which he/she is an active member, providing inputs on the local needs into global and regional strategic decisions, and gathering best practices for use by functions. Balance and prioritize needs of local, regional and global businesses in the implementation of country/ cluster strategy and operational plans.
• Develop the organization’s product pipeline and portfolio and maximise success of key launches through effective leadership across the functions.
• Proactively shape the country market environment, defend and improve market position and depth of market access by developing strong, trust-based relationships with customers and stakeholders (e.g. regulators, pharma and healthcare associations, patient groups, customers, media, key accounts and KOLs)
• Represent The Company in cross-divisional forums and build strong partnerships among peers in other units, ensuring strategic and operational alignment where relevant.
• Act as head and public face of the country organization, ensuring legal and ethical conduct, corporate compliance, and adherence to company guidelines and procedures
• Develop and oversee in-country joint ventures, in-/out-licensing agreements, and other business relationships that impact long-term company results
• Strengthen the local organization by developing an excellence-oriented and customer-focused culture, fostering innovation, and building best-in-class teams that fully exploit all market opportunities, and internal systems, programs, and tools.
• Drive top-level talent acquisition, succession planning and development of all associates within the organization. Drive and foster an unbossed, inspired & culture; lead by example while being self-aware and creating a culture of feedback.
• Ensure alignment and create a common cross-divisional platform for successful collaboration within the Company.
Key Performance Indicators :
• Financial & Business results (Revenue growth, Profitability, Market share) Strategy/Market
Focus (Resource allocation, Long-term strategy, Portfolio plans, Launch & Market access effectiveness/impact, reputation), Operational Excellence ; while embedding Compliance and Quality standards
• Progress on strategic initiatives and projects (Growth, Op. Excellence)
• People, Capabilities, and Management (Our Voice survey, Talent development, talent acquisition, Culture, D&I KPIs, Succession Plans strength, High profile turnover, Code of Ethics)
Education : Life Sciences Degree (pharmacist, biologist, chemist, M.D.) and/or an MBA or Business Administration Degree.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English is prerequisite, while knowledge of other in-scope country languages would be an advantage
– Diverse Geographic experience is ideal
– Leading large and/or diverse multi-functional teams
– P&L or Unit Accountability with strong track record
– People Leadership
Skills & attributes:
• Energized by change
• Strategic thinking and agility
• Satisfied by developing and coaching others to grow into successful leaders and high performers
• Builds relationships with a genuine interest in teamwork and collaboration
• Culturally sensitive – Able to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Energized by creating a shared purpose and culture
• High level of communication and influencing skills
• Energized by achieving competitive advantage to win for patients
• Enjoys complexity, ambiguity and novelty
• Driving performance with integrity
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org