- Job Title Medical Representative (Detail) - Pretoria South
A multinational pharmaceutical company has an opportunity for an experienced detail representative to join their team in the cardio and diabetes portfolio for the Pretoria South area.
The appointee will:
Responsible for achieving the budget of Pharma products. Interacting with private and government medical practitioners, top-targeted GPs and exploring new outlets and for developing new customers and supplying a quality service to existing customers.
The accountabilities of the position are as follows:
- Achievement of budget
- Market core products to Specialists and HOD State Sector medical practitioners and
- Develop new key customers and supply a quality service to existing key customers
- Continued education and a high level of scientific discussions on new and existing products
- Cross-functional collaboration; co-operation and co-ordination with Sales, Medical, Marketing, Key Accounts and Market Access teams
- Continuous upskill of disease and product knowledge – self accountability and at times with the assistance from the Training and Medical department
- High level of knowledge of competitor product in all disease areas
- After hours scientific exchange business discussions- depending on the need and business purpose for building professional business relationships with Specialists.
- Energetic, organized and hard working
- Pragmatic and results focused
- High level of emotional intelligence and good communication skills
- A self-starter, able to work independently in a demanding environment
- Assertive, collaborative & inspiring leadership style, especially useful in cross cultural working environment
- Open, flexible & entrepreneurial mind frame
- Positive mindset with a can-do attitude in a dynamic growing environment
- Good social skills
- Professional attitude (Will call on private sector practitioners)
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must possess excellent analytical, planning & communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills for effective working relationships with colleagues.
- All aspects of Private practice GP’s
- Fully Bilingual
- Driver’s license – manual car
- Tertiary education preferably Medical or General Sciences e.g. B.Sc. / Teaching / Clinical
- Technicians / Biokinetics / Nursing (Needs to deal with medical terminology in discussing medical literature)
- Previous, recent & relevant pharmaceutical sales experience essential to GPs.
- Previous experience in Cardio Vascular Diseases or Diabetes would be beneficial.
- Results orientated
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strong administrative skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team and Independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional attitude
- Responsible by nature
- Operational discipline
- Action orientated and excellence driven
Send your updated CV to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject : PTA S