- Job Title Pharmaceutical Product Manager
effectively manages the chronic product portfolio, through the development and implementation of product strategies in order to achieve the laid down marketing objectives.
• Develop and compile annual brand plans
• Analyse competitor strategies and tactics and design integrated marketing strategies to create a competitive edge for core brands
• Introduce a functional system of gathering marketing intelligence through the sales function
• Set annual and monthly sales and advertising budgets for accountable products
• Design campaign strategies and plans implementation by the sales function, advertising agencies and various other 3rd party vendors
New Product Development
• Identify, plans and develops new product priorities in conjunction with the Head of Marketing
• Issue new product proposals including projected market penetration and forecast to the Head of Marketing
• Complete feasibility studies, brand plans and a Critical Path Analyses for marketing launch plans
• Maintain a high level of motivation to ensure that the Sales Function is well directed in terms of the target market, call line-up, marketing communication message and Unique Selling Propositions (USP’s) for the core promoted products
• Regular field work with sales representatives to evaluate promotional strategy implementation.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the relevant KOL’s in the various therapeutic categories.
• Attendance and preparation for specified conferences and congresses.
• Preparation and conducting of presentations at cycle meetings and National Sales Conference.
• Regular interaction with key opinion leaders, relevant Managed Care Organisations and Designated Service Providers
• Excellent presentation skills
• Good product knowledge of Sun Pharma products and competitors’ products
• Computer skills – MS Office Packages, outlook & internet