- Salary Offer Negotiable ZAR Negotiable Month
- Job Title Product Manager Pharmaceuticals
A multinational ethical pharmaceutical company has an opportunity for an experience Pharma product manager based in Gauteng.
Product Manager (Cardiovascular)
To drive appropriate brand strategies for The company’s Cardiovascular core products with the objective of maximising long term revenue growth and profitability, whilst adhering to best practice principles and standard operational procedures (SOPs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares IBP of assigned products in cooperation with medical, market access and field operation according to determined timelines to ensure optimum short and long term development and market contribution
- Develops and implement local tactical plan in alignment with the global/regional strategies to support the business and grow market share
- Ensures budget achievement of agreed sales targets as well as the long term growth of assigned products
- Achieves sales budget and initiates corrective measures in case of deviation from planned sales development
- Participates in sales forecasting for short term (1year) and long term (5 year), setting sales targets and timelines based on market analysis , assumptions for market growth, business opportunities, new products and product expenses.
- To measure product performance, market share and the ROI relative to the brand plan.
- Prepares and manages Direct Promotional Budget and ensures that expenses are within the approved budget.
- Coordinates the execution of the operational marketing plan and ensures to stay within the approved direct promotion budget.
- Develops cycle plans/materials for assigned products and ensures timely distribution of committed promotional support to the field force.
- Execution of digital tactics by coordinating between internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors the inventory of promotional materials synchronous with the strategies and cycle plans and ensures timely distribution of committed promotional support to the field force.
- Plans and realizes field visits to ensure that plans are implemented flawlessly, and to monitor the market needs.
- Implements common action plans for common target customers (HCP’s) to ensure effective stakeholder management.
- Develops and maintains key opinion leaders (KOL’s) relevant to assigned products in close coordination with Medical and Sales.
- Supports KAM and MA strategies by setting common priorities and allocating budget.
- Builds cross-functional relationships and interfaces across organization in order to drive projects through to agreed timelines and objectives.
- Responsible for product trainings of new reps and to update the knowledge of the existing field force in correlation with the market dynamics.
- Organizes regular brand-related meetings in order to establish and maintain effective and productive partnership with co-marketing and co-promotion partners as well as providing the balance of products and co-promotions priority.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning.
- Able to manage the external marketing partners such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms and production companies that support the execution brand plan/communicational strategy and positioning.
- Degree in Business Administration/Marketing/Sciences
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in pharma field with 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Cardiovascular experience would be preferred
- Marketing experience / brand management / product launch or pre-launch is required
- Combination of Ethical & generic pharmaceutical industry experience an advantage
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Exhibits creativity and critical thinking
- High presentation skills & advanced computer skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Results oriented with ability to meet deadlines and handle challenging assignments
- Ability to work effectively and share information within a team environment
- High understanding of business and commercial environment
- Observes and respects confidentiality and business ethics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & work under stress
- Equity candidates preferred
Please email your CV to Vicki at email@example.com