- Job Title Surgical Representative - Gauteng x 2
Surgical Sales Representative
A multinational medical company has an excellent opportunity for an experienced surgical sales representative for medical devices, including interventional cardiovascular for the Pretoria and Johannesburg areas.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Presents and sells the company products to new and existing accounts and follows up with these customers to confirm that productsdelivered meet their needs. Makes in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met. Coordinates with the company marketing and sales staff to ensure that products are delivered on time, to stay informed about new products, and to provide customer feedback about product innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
- Meeting regularly with clients and accounts to present and demonstrate the company products and to explain their benefits.
- Identifying potential customers and introducing them to the products offered by the company.
- Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with
- Preparing customized drawings for clients needing custom kits or
- Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for
- Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and
- Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they
- Coordinates with other the company marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped tocustomers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by the company, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
- Makes decisions within approved authorization limits regarding product pricing to optimize sales volume and profitability.
- Prepares a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in the company’s procedures.
- Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about the company and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
- Participates as a member of the company sales team to improve the company’s ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travels by car, airplane, bus, to perform sales duties with clients.
- Performs a variety of other sales related duties, as
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — up to 50 lbs
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and experience equivalent to a related Bachelor’s
- A minimum of three years of direct sales experience, preferably in selling medical
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
- Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization
- Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of
- Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as
- Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- New client establishment/existing account maintenance
- Product demonstration
- Customer service
- Customized drawing preparation
- Pricing contract preparation/submittal
- Problem solving
- Product pricing decision making
- Sales reports
- Product knowledge
- Goal setting/achievement
- Vice President, Sales
- Manager, Regional Sales
- Sales Representative
Infectious Control Risk Category I:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category I states employment and procedures that will require exposure.
Send your updated CV to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 days