- Job Title Territory Manager Retail - PE - Animal Health
Territory Manager Retail
A multinational pharmaceutical company has an opportunity on their animal health division for a retail territory manager to promote brands to vets, pet shops in the area.
Location: TM based in Eastern Cape
Achieve sales targets in the region in line with company business objectives and company ethic principles.
Building and growing relationships with the assigned pet shop customers.
- Deliver sales targets and product market share in line with marketing plan.
- Prepare and conduct the required number of visits by customer segment and report accordingly.
- Update the customer database regularly with the required information.
- Detail and sell products in line with the agreed positioning.
- Identify further customer needs based on providing solutions to increase customer relation and intimacy.
- Provide market intelligence on pricing, positioning and competitive activity to identify critical issues and provide related market/customer analysis.
- Monitor market development and provide information to the Business Unit Head, Sales and Marketing Management and Customer Experience.
- Maintain high standard of product and disease knowledge.
- Use professionally state of the art sales tools and devices.
- Build network in the area with customers, opinion leaders and business partners.
- Ensure that all marketing and sales activities comply with Corporate Guidelines, Code of Conduct, ethical standards and relevant legislation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in sales – pet industry preferrable or over the counter pharmaceutical (OTC) market
- Preferably a background in the pet market or the OTC pharmaceutical market
- Creativity and problem solving
- Empathy & the ability to connect with customers on different levels
- Valid driving license
- Strong and effective communication
- Influencing skills
- Negotiating skills
- Customer Orientation
- Planning & organizational skills
- Solution driven
- Demonstrate accountability for decisions and actions
- Agile – acting quickly with an open mind to face internal and external transformation
- Intrapreneurship – come up with innovative ideas to respond to a changing market
Please email your CV to Vicki at email@example.com